Seven Wonders of Rivne
1. Holy Trinity Monastery Mezhyrytskyy was founded by monks of Kiev-Pechersk Lavra, which was first mentioned in 1240 after record. The main shrine of the monastery is Mezhyrytska Theotokos ("Zhyznyepodatelnytsa"), written in the 14th century. and brought the Ecumenical Patriarch Prince Ostrog. Monastery here in force since 1991.
2. The ancient walls Dubno Castle remember raids of Crimean Tatars in the XV century, attacks Cossack units Maxim Krivonos and Russian troops in the seventeenth. There were Hetman Ivan Mazepa, the Swedish King Charles XII, King Peter, generals Suvorov and Kutuzov. The castle kept their treasures Ostroz'ki princes, and later - the descendants of Ostrog ordination: Prince Zaslavsky, Sangushky, Lubomirski. 1492 is the date officially building Dubno Castle. From 1993 Dubno Castle is part of the State Historical and Cultural Reserve Dubna, and is the oldest building in the city. And at the entrance gates and still survived coat Ostrozkyi.
Hours: daily from 08.00 to 19.00 - in summer (April-October) from 08.00 to 17.00 - in winter (November-March).
Address: Rivne region., Dubno, st. Shevchenko
3. The ancient monastery that dates back to the XI century, situated on the river Korchik. Double monastery destroyed by first Mongol-Tatars in the thirteenth century, and in the fifteenth - Crimean Tatars. In the mid-eighteenth century shrine nearly 50 years was ruled by Catholics. But after each decline by Koretsky princes and locals nuns renewed life of the monastery and it bloomed in deeds of obedience and prayer. The most famous Orthodox shrine Rivne is Koretskaya Theotokos "Surety of Sinners", which is in Holy Trinity convent of Korec .
4. National historical and cultural reserve "Field Berestetska battle» , also known as «Cossack Graves» - the historical places in the village Plyasheva Rivne region, place of commemoration thousand Cossacks and peasants participating in Berestetska battle in 1651 during the national liberation war led by Bohdan Khmelnytsky. Battle Berestechko held in that area - near the villages Plyasheva, island, salty, liquid and Customs. Cossacks, peasants fought a deadly battle with the oppressors of his native land - the Polish gentry.
museum works daily from 10 to 17 h., weekends and lunch breaks.
5 Historical and cultural complex in the town of Ostrog.
The old city jail is characterized by almost a thousand years of history. From the XIV to XVII. This city had the most influential and richest race Ostrozkyi who did jail with strong educational, scientific and cultural center of Eastern Europe. The complex includes lock Ostrozkyi of Epiphany Church, Museum of books and printing, Numismatic Museum, Ostrog Academy - the first institution of higher education in Eastern Europe, the oldest Ukrainian scientific and educational institution.
6. Taracaniv Fort - arhiterkturna 19th century monument, located near the village Tarakanov, Dubno district of Rivne region, in a picturesque location overlooking the river Ikvoyu. Fort was erected in the Russian-Austrian border in 1890 on the orders of Tsar Alexander III to protect Lviv railway. The unique location of the planning and fortification in Ukraine. Now the fort is located in an abandoned condition and gradually destroyed.
7. Narrow Gauge Railroad "Antonovka-Zarichne» - one of three operating in Ukraine and the largest in Europe, with a narrow gauge railway passenger traffic up 106 kilometers. The area through which the railroad runs very picturesque: forests, fields, marshes, lakes - so narrow now give tours for Ukrainian and foreign tourists.
Narrow Gauge Railroad, or as it is called Polishchuky "Cuckoo", goes every day.
Suburban train № № 6391 - 6392 plying the route with. Antonovka - Zarechnoye - Antonovka.
With Antonovka train departs at 7:00 and arrives in town. Zarichne at 11.05. Back to Zarichne "cuckoo" departs at 14.03 and arrives in Antonovka at 18.05.